Spring is officially here! Finally. It was a pretty brutal Minnesota winter and you may have already or currently experiencing some home related issues as a result. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Your home is a significant investment! In order to uphold the warranties and the beauty of your home, certain procedures are required annually. Taking care of your home and performing routine maintenance will help keep your home in good condition and functioning as it should. Here is our spring home maintenance checklist. For a printable version, click here.
Spring Home Maintenance Tips
- Check and clean central air conditioning system
- Replace or clean air filters per manufacturer’s recommendations
- Clean or replace furnace filter, as needed
- Clean range hood filter
- Clean dryer vent
- Check adjustment of door thresholds
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Check and clean sump pump and pit
- Fertilize lawn and control weeds
- Turn on exterior faucets, if shut off for winter
- Check gutters and downspouts and clean, if needed
- Wash windows and the exterior of the house to remove dust and dirt
- Maintain proper grades for drainage away from the house
- If the house is exposed to a hail or wind storm, contact a professional to examine the roof for damage
- Check roof periodically for loose vent flashing and shingles
- Check and repair or seal coat asphalt driveway, as needed
- If landscaping, call Gopher State One at 800-252-1166, to locate underground utility lines before digging
Spring Home Remodeling Projects
Now is a great time to start your spring/summer home remodeling projects. Home Check Plus is a full-service home remodeling contractor. Let us show you how easy remodeling can be when you only have to work with one company that does it all from start to finish. Being we offer a wide range of services, you can trust and rely on us for all your home improvement needs. Call 320-529-4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today.
Click on each image to learn more.
Whether you are looking to make smaller improvements like changing your countertops or a complete kitchen remodel, we are here to help.
The bathroom can be a relaxing oasis or simply functional. Either way, we can make the most of any size bathroom and bring your vision to life.
PORCHES & DECKS
Porches, decks, patios and pergolas are wonderful for enjoying outdoor activities. We’d be happy to work with you on your outdoor living space!
WINDOWS & DOORS
Whether it is due to low quality, aging, rotted or drafty, we can replace your windows and doors; improving your home’s energy efficiency and curb appeal.
ROOFING & SIDING
Shingle and siding replacement projects are great at improving your home’s exterior appearance and energy efficiency. We are skilled and experienced to tackle both projects.