1. Site Visit – once you contact us, we determine a date/time when both parties are available. Time: 1-2 weeks
2. 2nd Site Visit – depending on the project, we may invite some of our subcontractors to visit the site. Time: 1-2 weeks
3. Estimate/Proposal – next we develop a scope of work, material list, contact vendors to get prices on material, contact subcontractors to get a quote, write up a detailed proposal. Time: 2-3 weeks
4. Review & Accept Proposal – if there are no changes, great! Any changes involve repeating step 3. Time: 1 week
5. Project Set-Up – Time: 2-5 weeks
Permits – when applicable, we submit for a permit through the city/township.
Order Materials – once selections are made, we can order the materials. We don’t like to start a project until ALL materials have arrived as this minimizes the time your home is “under construction.”
6. Start/Finish Project – our projects are carefully scheduled as we want the project and remodeling process to go as quick and smooth as possible. Availability of subcontractors, weather and any change orders can affect the timing. Time: 2+ weeks
As you can see, there are many steps and elements that are factored into a remodeling project. We hope this timeline is a helpful guide and explains the process so you know what to expect. Although every situation is different, we definitely recommend contacting a contractor early on in your remodeling planning.
We hope to get to work with you on your next home remodeling project. Have a wonderful spring!